How to clean a glass shower door — get rid of limescale and watermarks
If your shower door is starting to look murky, you'll need to know how to clean a glass shower door. When they are new, these glass panels always look spotless, but they soon fog up from limescale and soap scum with daily use. What's more, when left uncleaned for a long time, it can look unsightly, and the last thing you want guests to see.
For this reason, knowing how to clean a glass shower door is arguably as important as knowinghow to clean a shower head. While the limescale may seem tricky to remove, it’s relatively simple with the right ingredients, all of which you might already have.And you don't even need bleach either, however, if you do regularly clean with bleach, don't make this mistake. Follow these tips on how to clean a glass shower door to get the gleam back.
How to clean a glass shower door with vinegarWhat you will need
White distilled vinegar OR baking soda
Dish soap (optional)
Empty spray bottle
Non-scratch sponge (optional)
4. For everyday limescale, you can wipe the solution away immediately with a damp microfiber cloth.
5. For tougher limescale, you should leave the solution to sit for a few minutes and then gently scrub using the scouring side of a non-scratch sponge. You might need to re-apply, and it might take some elbow grease, but you should notice the watermarks start to disappear.
6. Once the glass is clean, rinse, dry and buff with a clean microfiber cloth.
How to clean a glass shower door with baking soda
1. Alternatively, if you have baking soda, you can use this instead. As a natural abrasive, baking soda is ideal for removing limescale. Dampen a microfiber cloth, tip some baking soda onto the cloth and scrub directly on the glass in a circular motion.
2. Then simply wipe away with a clean microfiber cloth and rinse the residue away.
3. For stubborn limescale, you can use the scouring side of a non-scratch damp sponge to apply the baking soda.
4. Again, make sure the glass is rinsed and dried afterwards to prevent more limescale from forming.
Your shower door should now be gleaming again. Here are some tips to keep it looking great.
How to prevent watermarks on your shower door
For other cleaning tips, check out how to clean grout on floor tiles to get rid of stains and how to clean every room of your home.